- What is DeposZip?
- What are the requirements to use DeposZip?
- Is there a fee to use DeposZip?
- What are the hardware and software specifications for DeposZip?
- Can I use my home scanner?
- How do I sign up for DeposZip?
- How do I make a deposit using DeposZip?
- What types of accounts can I deposit into?
- What types of checks can be deposited?
- Are there any deposit limits?
- Do I need to include a deposit slip with my scanned check deposit?
- How many checks can be included in one deposit? Can multiple deposits be submitted each day?
- When will my deposit be credited to my account?
- Is the hold policy for checks different when they are deposited using DeposZip?
- What should I do with the check once it has been deposited?
- How do I get a copy of my deposit?
- How long is my deposit history available for viewing?
- How much time do I have to complete my deposit?
- How do I get help if I encounter a problem?
- If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
Q: What is DeposZip?
A: DeposZip is a secure service offered by Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union that allows you to deposit checks, electronically, to your Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union account. Through Online Banking, you can scan checks from your desktop scanner or use your iPhone or Android mobile device to make deposits..
Q: What are the requirements to use DeposZip?
· Must be 16 years of age
· Must have a Jeanne D’Arc account open for a minimum of 60 days
· Must have a valid email address
· Must be a Jeanne D’Arc Online Banking user
* If using your mobile device, message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. Check with your provider for specific fees and charges.
*Note: Business accounts will incur a per-item fee if the number of checks deposited exceeds the allowed limit. Please refer to the Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Business Fee & Service Charge Schedule.
- Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7+, or Vista with Internet Explorer 7+
- Windows XP or Vista, with Firefox 2+
- Mac OS X 10.6 with Safari 3+
*Safari on Mac OS X v10.6+ must be run in 32-bit mode
- Mac OS X 10.6 with Firefox 2+
- TWAIN-compliant document scanner (To find out if your scanner is compliant, please refer to the documentation that was supplied with the scanner. For help with your scanner, log in to your Jeanne D’Arc Online Banking account and click on the “Make a Deposit” icon (DeposZip) on the top navigation bar. Then click on "Help with Scanners and Drivers" near the bottom of the screen).
Note: The recommended version of the browsers listed above are Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, and Safari 3.1.
- iPhone® or Android™ Mobile Devices
Q: Can I use my home scanner?
A: DeposZip uses the TWAIN specification for communicating with scanners. Most scanner software supports the TWAIN specification, but not all. For the latest information for specific scanners, enter DeposZip and click "Help with Scanners and Drivers" near the bottom of the New Deposit screen or consult with your scanner manufacturer for information on their support for TWAIN on your device.
Q: How do I sign up for DeposZip?
A: To register, simply login to JDCU.com, access your Online Banking page, and click on the "Make a Deposit" icon. Read and accept the User Agreement and allow two (2) business days for your registration to be reviewed and approved. You will receive an email notification with the status of your registration request.
5. Enter the total deposit amount of your check(s)
6. Scan or take a picture of the front and back of your check(s)
7. Review and Submit your deposit
Q: How many checks can be included in one deposit? Can multiple deposits be submitted each day?
A: Up to 999 checks can be included in one deposit and multiple deposits can be submitted as long as the accumulated dollar amount of the deposit(s) does not exceed the daily deposit limit.
Q: When will my deposit be credited to my account?
A: Deposits received before 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Deposits received after 3:00 pm EST will be credited to your account on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Q: Is the hold policy for checks different when deposited using DeposZip?
A: No. The check hold policy is the same as defined in the Funds Availability Disclosure.
Q: What should I do with the check once it has been deposited?
A: You must securely store each original check(s) for a period of sixty (60) days after you receive confirmation that your deposit has been accepted. You will receive an email notification when your deposit is accepted, or you can reference your monthly statement to monitor your deposits. Once you acknowledge acceptance of the deposit, you can destroy the original check(s) by shredding or another secure method. Please note, you are solely responsible and liable for the security and storage of the original checks and take full responsibility for any loss or misappropriation of these checks.
Q: How do I get a copy of my deposit?
A: If you click on the Deposit History Tab at the top right corner of the page, a listing of your electronic deposits will be displayed. If you click on the icon, you can view the deposit details along with a copy of the items included in that deposit. If you click on the icon, you can download a copy of the deposit and print it or save it to a file on your computer for your records.
Q: How long is my deposit history available for viewing?
A: Deposit history is available for viewing online for 18 months. For deposit history older than 18 months, you can contact our Member Service Center at 978-452-5001.
Q: How much time do I have to complete my deposit?
A: Twenty (20) minutes. The DeposZip session will timeout after twenty minutes of inactivity. There is a Session timeout clock displayed on the top right corner of the screen. During the last five minutes of the session, the clock time will appear in red. Every time the page is changed, the clock refreshes.
Q: How do I get help if I encounter a problem?
A: DeposZip is designed as an easy-to-use, self-service product with built in “Help”. Select "Help" or on each line of the process for a detailed explanation, helpful hints and a short video explanation of each process step.
Q: If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
A: If you are within the DeposZip section of Online Banking, you can select "Help" or "?" as you begin the transaction and you will see information specific to the page you are on. You can also send an email to eMemberServices@jdcu.com or call (978) 452-5001.