Online Banking FAQs
Q: What is Online Banking?
A: Online Banking is a tool that allows you to use a computer with an Internet connection to conduct banking transactions on all of your accounts.
Q: How much does Online Banking cost?
A: Online Banking is FREE.
Q: Where can I login to Online Banking from the website?
A: You can login right from Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union's Home page, or from the top of any page. Enter your Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union User ID and Password and select enter. If this is your first time logging in to Online Banking, enter your CALL24 Phone Access PIN as your password. If you do not know your CALL24 PIN, contact a Member Service Representative at 978-452-5001.
Q: Is there a demo available for me to try?
A: Yes, simply go to the top of any page and click on Demo
Q: What can I do with Online Banking?
A: You can view account balances and transaction history, transfer money to eligible savings and loans, schedule future and recurring transfers, send yourself alerts, view check images, reorder checks, download transactions and much more. Check out the Online Banking Demo to see all the features of Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union's Online Banking.
Q: Can I transfer money to other member's accounts?
A: Yes. You must complete our Cross Account Transfer Authorization Form to establish this functionality. This will allow you the ability to transfer to the other member's account(s). You will not have access to their balance or other personal information. Simply call the Member Service Center at (978) 452-5001 or (877) 604-5328 (out of state).
Q: When is Online Banking available for use?
A: Online Banking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q: How current is my banking information?
A: Your banking information is in real time and updated every business day with new account transactions.
Q: How do I discontinue the Online Banking service?
A: Simply email or call the Member Service Center at (978) 452-5001 or (877) 604-5328 and speak to a Representative for assistance. If you have Bill Pay through Online Banking, you will have to discontinue that service as well.
Q: Can I make a principal-only payment on my loan?
A: Yes. Simply select the appropriate Overpayment Option from the Transfer screen.
Q: Is it safe to access my accounts?
A: Yes. We employ a number of industry-accepted security practices, including firewalls and encryption, to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
Online Banking Requirements
Q: What is required to use Online Banking?
A: If you're an existing member you can login immediately using your Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union ID Number as your User ID and your current CALL24 Phone Access PIN. You simply need a computer with Internet access that has a secure browser of 128 bit encryption. If you do not know your CALL24 PIN, please contact our Member Service Center at 978-452-5001.
Q: What are the recommended Operating Systems for Online Banking?
A: Visit our Online Help Index for a complete list.
Q: What are the recommended browsers for Online Banking?
A: Visit our Online Help Index for a complete list.
Q: How do I determine my browser and version?
A: Visit our Online Help Index.
Q: How can I download the latest version of Internet Explorer®?
A: To download the latest version click here.
Q: How much account information can I view at once?
A: The system will automatically show the current month's transactions and information. However, by selecting "User Options", you can change the default history date range to view the current month and the previous month. Or, you can choose to view your account from the current date to same date of the previous month.
Q: How far back can I view my account history?
A: You can view your account history for the past two years with Online Banking.
Q: Can I view my account details in more than one way?
A: Yes, you can view your accounts by date, check number, payee, amount or balance in ascending or descending order by clicking on the triangles at the heading of each column.
Q: Can I search my account history for a specific transaction or group of transactions?
A: Yes. The search feature will allow you to locate a specific transaction or group of transactions. You must at least specify a date or date range to facilitate a successful search.
Q: Can I schedule transfers for a future date?
A: Yes. You can schedule single or recurring transfers for a future date.
Q: What is a Scheduled Transfer?
A: Scheduled Transfers is a feature within Online Banking that allows you to schedule transfers for a future date. You can schedule a one-time transfer or a recurring transfer to and/or from all eligible checking, savings, money market, loan account or other eligible accounts. You can also edit and delete these transfers.
Q: How do I create a Scheduled Transfer?
A: Simply login to Online Banking, click on the Account Access icon, and then select Scheduled Transfers. Select the amount of transfer, FROM account, TO account, Start Date, Frequency of Transfer (weekly, monthly, twice monthly, one-time), the Number of Transactions, Email Address to send your notifications to and your custom Email Message. Then, click Save Transfer and Confirm Transfer. Reminder: Please provide details about your transaction in your email message; however do not include Account Numbers, Social Security Numbers, or other confidential information in your message.
Q: How do I edit a Scheduled Transfer?
A: To edit a scheduled transfer, simply select the Edit hyperlink in the action column next to the transfer you would like to edit, make your changes and click on the Save Transfer button.
Q: How do I delete a Scheduled Transfer?
A: To delete a scheduled transfer, simply select the Delete hyperlink in the action column next to the transfer you would like to delete. A confirmation page will appear for you to review, and then select Delete.
Q: Can I view a list of my existing Scheduled Transfers?
A: Yes. Simply login to Online Banking, click on the Account Access icon then Scheduled Transfers. A summary page will display a list of all existing scheduled transfers. You can also edit or delete existing transfers from this summary page.
Q: What will happen if I schedule a transfer for the 31st of every month and there are less than 31 days?
A: The transfer will take place on the last day of the month.
Q: How many transfers can I schedule?
A: You can schedule up to 9,999 transfers. However, Regulation D limits you to a total of six (6) transfers or withdrawals from your savings account per calendar month to another account or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer, which includes Online Banking. For complete details, view the Electronic Fund Transfers section of our Terms and Conditions.
Q: How will I know when a Scheduled Transfer has been completed?
A: If you entered an 'Email Notification To' email address when you created your scheduled transfer, a notification email will be sent to that email address once the transfer has been completed. You can also view completed transfers within your account history. Simply login to Online Banking, click on the Account Access icon, then click on the Account Title (i.e. Statement Savings) to view that accounts history.
Q: How will I know if a Scheduled Transfer has not been completed?
A: If you entered an Email Notification To email address when you created your scheduled transfer, a failed transfer notification email will be sent to that email address. A transfer may not be completed if you did not have the funds in your Transfer From account, if you have reached your Regulation D limit, etc. You can also view the status of a failed transfer by viewing the Scheduled Transfer's summary page. If a Scheduled Transfer has failed, simply click on the Unsuccessful link for that Scheduled Transfer and the failed transfer error message will appear.
Q: Can I create Alerts to notify me when certain events / transactions occur on my account(s)?
A: Yes. You can set certain criteria for email messages to be sent to you.
Q: What is an Alert?
A: Alerts allow you to set criteria for email messages to be sent alerting you of balance levels, cleared checks, maturity dates, loan payment due dates, etc. The following alerts can be created:
- Balance Notifications
- CD and IRA Notifications
- Check Clearing Notifications
- Payment Due Notifications
- Payment Past Due Notifications
- Periodic Balance Notifications
- Personal Reminder Notifications (e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
- Scheduled Recurring Transfers Concluded Notifications
Q: How do I create an Alert?
A: Simply login to Online Banking, click on the Account Access icon, then click on Alerts. Select which Alert you would like to create from the dropdown list and click ADD. After selecting your Alert criteria, click on the Save Notification button. For example, when creating a Balance Alert; select the balance amount, greater than or less than comparison, notification email address, notification email message and click on 'Save Notification'. *Note: Only one email address can be entered in the Email To: field and the Email Message: text box is limited to 255 characters. Reminder: Please provide details about your transaction in your email message; however do not include Account Numbers, Social Security Numbers, or other confidential information in your message.
Q: How do I edit an Alert?
A: To edit an existing alert, simply select the Edit hyperlink in the Action column next to the Alert you would like to edit, make your changes and select Save Alert.
Q: How do I change my email address on an existing Alert?
A: To change your email address on an existing alert, simply select the Edit hyperlink in the Action column next to the Alert you would like to edit, change your email address and select Save Alert.
Q: How do I delete an Alert?
A: To delete an existing alert, simply select the Delete hyperlink in the Action column next to the Alert you would like to edit. A confirmation screen will appear. Click on the Delete button and your alert will be deleted.
Q: Can I view a list of my existing Alerts?
A: Yes. Simply login to Online Banking, click on the Account Access icon then Alerts. A summary page will display a list of all existing Alerts including their Account Number, Account Description, Notification Type, Criteria for Alert and Email Address. You can also edit or delete existing alerts from this summary page.
Q: Can I create multiple Alerts at one time?
A: Yes. Simply click on the Alerts Using Express Setup hyperlink below the Add New dropdown menu selection. You will then be able to create multiple alerts for balance levels, payments due, personal reminders, maturity dates, cleared checks, etc.
Q: Is there a limit to how many Alerts I can create?
A: No. There are no limitations on the amount of Alerts you can create.
Q: Will I be able to view past Alerts?
A: Yes. A list of all Alerts scheduled within the past 30 days will be available on the Alert summary page.
Export Account Data
Q: What formats can I download my transaction history in?
A: Online Banking supports downloads to Quicken? 2003 or earlier, MS Money? Money, or as a comma-delimited text file.
Q: How do I export account data?
A: To export your account data, follow the steps below:
- Click the Export menu option, the Account Export screen appears.
- Choose the appropriate account from the source account drop-down menu.
- Select the Transaction Type to download or leave the default All Transactions to view your entire account history.
- Enter the date range for the data to be downloaded.
- Choose the data export format from the Export Format drop-down menu.
- Click Download Data or Update PFM. A dialog box appears prompting you to save the file, or open the file.
- Click Save File, then OK. Enter a directory and filename where the system will save the downloaded file. If you are using a Mac the file is automatically downloaded to the download directory specified as your preferred directory with a filename of Quicken.qif.
- Click Save. The transaction data will be downloaded to the directory specified.
Q: What options do I have to personalize my Online Banking with User Options?
A: You can personalize your experience with the following options:
- Change Your Password: After you use your CALL24 PIN to login for the first time, you will be prompted to change your password. Thereafter, you can go to "User Options" and change your password at anytime.
- Change Timeout Feature: Your timeout period determines the amount of time between pages that your session is valid before you are automatically logged out of Online Banking. Lower numbers offer more security
- Enhanced Login Security: Enhanced Login Security (ELS) is a security enhancement that is free, easy, and most importantly, gives you extra protection from fraud and identity theft when you bank online. Once enrolled, not only will your password be recognized, your computer will be recognized as well. If we don't recognize your computer - you've logged in from a public computer or one you haven't used before you will be prompted to answer your "challenge questions" as an additional line of defense against unauthorized access to your accounts.
- Change eMail Address: Entering your eMail address allows us to contact you with important information about your Online Banking account: such as sending your Online Statement Reminder notification if you're enrolled in this free service. It is very important that you keep this address current, and that you update your eMail address when it changes.
- Change History Date Range: This allows you to customize the range of dates that is initially shown on your account history page.
- Change History Sort Order Default: Choose the date sort order you prefer for Account History, ascending or descending.
- Change Account Nicknames: This allows you to change account names for easier recognition. Using this feature, you may also elect to not display selected accounts within your Online Banking
- Challenge Questions Setup: This will be used in the event you forget your password or we don't recognize the computer that you are using.
- Change User ID: Allows you to change your Online Baking User ID from your Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union ID Number. It must be different than your current User ID and it must be 6 to 16 characters in length